Friday, May 16, 2008

Free Writing

I am so excited for Summer! There's only a little bit left to do in school and then I am FREE!!!!!!!!!! This will be my first summer as an LT at Camp Lake Hubert. I really want to max in sailing so that I can sail all day with my friends and teach the younger girls how to sail. I also want to work a bit in crafts (especially candle making!!) and in riflery. High ropes would be fun to but it can get really boring if you aren't on the course. I'm a bit upset because our new cabin isn't right on the lakeside, its in the woods and only about a quarter mile down a path from the barns... ewwwww. Some of my friends really enjoy going horseback riding and teaching it, but I dislike the barn because it smells. I also dislike wilderness ever since my friend Kelly and I tipped our canoe in bass lake. It was possibly the most disgusting moment of my life. Bass Lake is a small swampish lake on the opposite side of camp from the beautiful Lake Hubert. No one runs motor boats on Bass Lake, but people do fish, kayak, and canoe. We were singing "rock the boat" and rocked it a bit too far. All of a sudden we tipped upside down and were covered in the nastiest seaweed ever. We swam to Bass Beach and when we came out of the water we had leaches on us! After that day I never signed up for canoeing and kayaking again. Every time I'm at Bass Beach now I just make sandcastles. :)

No comments: